Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Her "first" birthday...




Today our baby girl turned 3.  
I have been full of emotions that I completely did not expect.
All I have been able to think about is her other "mama".
I can't imagine the heaviness of her heart today.
No matter where she is or what she's doing, it is not possible for her to not know what today is.
It breaks my heart the sadness she must feel.
The emptiness in her heart.
No matter the reason for her abandonment a mother gave birth to a baby girl, whom she cared for for the first 6 months of her life.  No way she feels nothing today!
I wish desperately I could find a way to let her know she's loved, she's perfect, she's everything I could ever dream she'd be.  
"Mama", we love you!

So, yes, our baby girl turned 3 today.  It's like her first birthday for us!  Another first, so many firsts...  We just got her answering the question "How old are you?" with "2" and holding up 2 fingers.  Now we start all over again with 3!  Thankfully I think it will happen pretty quickly.  
Her 3 year check up is next Monday.  I can't wait to see how much she's grown and what not.  It will be our first since China.

The next year of her life should prove to be lots more firsts and lots more learning.  I can not wait to watch her continue in it all.

Jadyn Grace, we love you more than you will ever know.  God blessed us with a treasure we could have never imagined.  Your spiciness and attitude fit in our family perfectly and your laugh and smile are contagious!  I can not wait to watch God continue to move and lead you and us into full trust.
You are my sunshine baby girl!
I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment