Thursday, October 28, 2010

sometimes they walk all over it...

Why does being a mother hurt so bad sometimes?!?!?!  It really stinks when you get along so well with your child but those few times that things aren't going so well it's like someone's ripping your guts out!  It stinks having to be the "adult" and the one that has to point out the rules, and enforce them.  It's so hard when your kids are normally so well behaved but there's always that one issue that turns around and bites ya in the backside!  Ours, with one of the kids, is homework.  Why can't they just bring their stinkin stuff home?!?!?!  I'll tell you why, because he knows he can make an A even without doing it.  So what's the point in fighting over it?!?!  It's called teaching them responsibility.  When your "boss" tells you to do something you do it, like it or not!  It kills me to tell him for weeks, even months, to bring it home do it and then make sure it gets turned in.  We fight about it at least once a week!  Yesterday I finally had to put my foot down.  I took something pretty important to him, and me, away from him for the night and he was not very happy.  He had the nerve to get mad at me.  Why do they do that?!?!?!  How do they know the days that  you're gonna lose it?  All I could do was stand there and cry.  I was already so upset about having to discipline him and then he had the nerve to act like it was my fault, REALLY?!?!?!  It hurt my feelings so bad.  Then I was even more upset for letting my emotions get the best of me.  Why can't I just be firm and fake it, wait to cry til he walks away?!?!  That's twice in a week he's made me cry and he doesn't even know why!!!!!  Maybe it's a teenager thing; though I sure hope not cause we're only at the very beginning of those years.  It just breaks my heart first to have to discipline, then for him to get mad at me, and then for him to stomp on my heart when it's already hurting?!?!  Sometimes I'd like these 6 feet off my heart!!

I know it's lots of rambling this time, I just can't get over how perfect these 6 feet can be and how hurtful they can be at the same time!  I know most, if not all of you who have kids have felt this way before and if not, though I pray it doesn't happen to you, I'm afraid it's inevitable!!  Glad they're all in God's hands cause if it was left up to me....  well, I just know I couldn't do it!

Anyway, again, sorry for all the rambling.  Sometimes I guess I'm just gonna use this to get stuff off my chest!

Til next time....

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment