Saturday, October 16, 2010

warning: do not read if eating!!!

Oh the joys of motherhood!!!  Last night started out as a pretty relaxing night.  We all just hung out at home nothing to do.  I put Jordyn to bed at about 8:30 and made Travis go to my room to watch TV, John John and Fabian were outside with a girl which is a whole nother story in itself.  I climbed onto the couch to watch some DVR'd shows, debated for a couple hours whether or not to take a shower.  John was outside getting ALL his stuff ready for fishing out of town today.  I had just decided to go shower and change clothes when I hear Jordyn kind of fussing.  I thought John had gone in there to tell her goodnight and had woken her up and she was mad, whining at him.  Much to my surprise I turned the corned to her room and her door was still shut.  I opened it finding no John but Jordyn, on her knees crawling around crying, "it hurts, ouch,hurting".  I tried to pick her up, to settle her down, but when I touched her she got more upset.  She just cried louder about it hurting and wouldn't really wake up.  She kinda started to cough and I asked her if she needed to potty.  She said yes so I took her to the bathroom and helped her pull down her panties and she peed.  As she was about to stand up to pull her panties up she coughed real big and started to throw up.  I immediately grabbed her to try to turn her around to the toilet but when I touched her I realized she wasn't breathing.  I thought maybe she was just crying and couldn't catch her breath but she nearly instantly started jumping up and down and flailing around, turning blue.  She was choking! I panicked and started to scream for John, having no idea if he could even hear me. I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder beating on her back.  What seamed like 30 min. couldn't have been more than 2, and finally she coughed and took a deep breath.  I sat her down on the bathroom floor and by now we're both covered in her vomit.  I pulled up her night gown and bent down to take off her panties so I could just put her in the bath tub.  As I squat down she proceeds to throw up again...  IN MY FACE!!!!!!  I thought I was gonna DIE.  Most anyone that knows me very well knows that I don't do throw up anyway so the whole event was excruciating for me to begin with, but then IN MY FACE?  Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!  I nearly dropped her to the floor, luckily John had just walked in so he grabbed her.  All I could do was point at her, then at the tub, then at my face.  I turned and almost jumped into the sink to wash.  It took all I had inside me to not vomit right there along with her.  After I had scrubbed as good as I could I relieved John to clean up the ankle deep puke all over the bathroom floor while I finished bathing Jordyn.  He cleaned up the mess while I got her ready for bed again.  He blew up the infamous blow up mattress, that is reserved for the floor in our room for sick children, and got her a bucket.  I put her in bed and went back to the bathroom to bleach the floor and make sure the lysol was dripping down the walls!  I then RAN to my shower to scrub my self til I nearly bled.  As I'm standing in the shower completely irritated I became totally overwhelmed, suddenly, by the memory of my precious little girl jumping up and down flailing around because she couldn't breath.  I instantly was no longer irritated just so completely thankful that my daughter was "ok".
I, knowing how these viruses run, knew we were gonna be up all night.  I climbed into bed, thinking I better steal as much shut eye as I can while I can, and fell asleep right away.  I woke up every time she even flinched.  Coincidently, she slept all night!!  She woke up at about 8:15 this morning, first asking why she was in my room on the mattress and in the next sentence asking if she could have breakfast.  I just kinda looked at her, wondering why she asked about being in my room, and then told her to wait a few minutes to make sure that she wasn't gonna throw up.  She looked at me like I was crazy and says, "I didn't throw up mommy".  She doesn't remember any of it.  I guess that's probably a blessing since it was so traumatic for me.  No need both of us have that memory!
She was completely fine all day, and she went to bed just fine tonight.  I'm not sure what was up, but I'm so glad it didn't return!

No comments:

Post a Comment