Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years "resolutions"?

So, I was listening to the radio this morning on the way home from dropping kids off at school.  I generally listen to the local christian radio station here.  This morning a girl called in and gave her "two cents" about the new year.  I was so inspired by what she had to say.  Apparently this past Sunday her pastor was talking about new years resolutions.  His take on it is... why make a resolution to DO something when you can make a resolution to BE someone!!!  I am going to, this week, decide who I want to be by this time next year, not what I want to have done.  Deciding to be someone will automatically cause me to do something.  I believe that choosing to be instead of do will also bring me closer to God.  As humans we think we can DO most things on our own.  The person I'd like to BE can only be done by God, I do truly believe that!!  I have full faith that reading his word and keeping an open communication with him will turn me into the person I want to be; not only for me, but for my husband and children!

I hope all those that know me will see a better me soon!

Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and New Year!!

See ya soon...

1 comment: