Friday, January 28, 2011

What if....

So, there's a song by Matthew West called "My Own Little World".  I've come to LOVE it and have decided it totally describes who I want to be this year!  I've heard it so many times in the past week and it really makes me think.  Am I doing enough?  Am I thinking outside the box?  Is what I'm doing making a difference?  I don't know.  Sometimes I like to think so but when I really get down to it is it pride or am I really giving selflessly of myself or time?  I mean sure, I help out a lot at church.  Between the preschool, children's department, and youth I'm always doing something; but am I really giving it all I have, or thinking about what this could really mean in the life of someone else?  I think this is my challenge.  It's easy for me to "love" people.  I'm good at that, I enjoy giving and helping; but I'm beginning to think that there's more to it.  I think maybe what I really should be doing shouldn't be so easy.  If I was being sacrificial it wouldn't enjoy it so much right?  I don't know, I'm still trying to figure that out.  Clearly God doesn't want us to not be happy, to not enjoy what we do; maybe I'm beginning to think it just should be more of a challenge.  Maybe step out of my comfort zone a little.  I believe it'll still make me happy, it'll just be God making me happy instead of me choosing to do something because "I know I can easily and maybe it'll be fun on the way. "
Anyway, if you haven't listened to the song you should.  It's really inspiring!

Well, enough of that...  I hope everyone is having a fabulous year so far and I look forward to seeing who we will all be this time next year!

1 comment:

  1. It's a GREAT song and it makes me think these same thoughts girl! Something God has impressed on me lately: Love your neighbor as yourself. So easy to do when the person is loveable, but when they have hurt us and they aren't so lovely...YIKES! So, I am starting there! Keep pressing on girl!

    ReplyDelete