Thursday, July 7, 2011

James....

Well, thanks to an idea I got from a friend's blog that I follow, we as a family have started this week "hiding God's word in our hearts".  My goal for us was to memorize a verse every two weeks.  Well, I've decided it's going to be one every week, since my kids pretty much had it memorized in a day!  We are going to take a week though because I want them to really know it.  We are starting in James... James 1:2 "Consider it pure joy my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds".
I, also, have decided to do a short study on the book of James, to better understand it as we memorize it.
I've been considering a study bible that I want to purchase next, but as I've started this study on James I think I've changed my mind.  I know that I want to purchase a Life Application Bible in the fall, but I think instead of "per say" a study bible, I think that as I start in Genesis, I'm going to do a study of each book as I read it.  It's amazing how much I learned and retained from my reading the bible.  I just started at the front cover and read, like a book.  I'm so excited to start my next reading, and really study as I read.  I also think I'm going to start a study on religions.  My kids, and my husband, randomly ask questions about other religions and what they believe and how it's different.  I've decided I want to really know the answers, not just a basic idea.

Anyway, not a lot going on right now in our lives.  It's the 4th week of summer and we've already had VBS and youth camp.  We have a couple weeks off (except the beach to visit my mom, and brother and his family) and then our first family mission trip to W. Va.!!!  (Which we are most excited about!!!)  Then a couple weeks off and school starts.

It's been awhile since I've put pics up...  Here are some over the last month or so...

Travis' 5th grade graduation...  His teachers, Mrs. Itner and Mrs. Vera, were also John John's 5th grade teachers...




Recital...




(I have a video of Travis' dance but have to figure out how to upload it. As soon as I do I'll share, it's AWESOME!)

Some of our week at youth camp...



4th of July...














2 comments:

  1. I so love this idea!! Hey, lets talk world religions...I have been kinda doing that too...also fielding questions over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! God will guide your every step. I really believe He loves it when we seek to learn more about others and Him! I love the discussions that come up homeschooling my boys. We did an entire year on the Eastern Hemisphere...their cultures and beliefs. It was wonderful! We also read James over and over last year. Such a convicting book, but so many good life-lessons there! Be blessed on your journey sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete