Friday, July 29, 2011

the right attitude...

Well, I've been trying desperately, lately, to make choices based only on how God would want me to live.  As a woman, as a wife, as a mother.  It has occurred to me that a lot of the things I've learned, per say, I've known for, well, pretty much ever!!!  So, what's different now?  I don't necessarily think a lot of people would even notice the "outward" changes I've made.  I've learned it comes down to the heart.  It's not only about doing the right thing but doing it with the right attitude!!  Now, this is a very new adventure for me; a whole new way of life, and it's NOT EASY!!!!  The first few weeks went really well.  It was all new, I felt really good about what I was doing, the choices I was making, the example I was setting, and so on.  If I'm completely honest though this week has been TOUGH!!!!  I have not had a very good attitude.  I've lost my temper way to often with my children, I've certainly not had the right attitude toward submitting or even serving my husband, and I think, no I know, that the reason for all of these things is because I've not been in God's word this week like I should be.  My world falls apart so quickly when I don't keep God in it.  Even if I'm doing the right things, I'm certainly not blessing anyone, or showing God's love to anyone, if I'm not being godly about it.  My prayer is "Lord please forgive me for leaving you out of my life lately.  Please forgive me for my attitude this week about nearly everything I've done.  I ask that you bless those I've been neglecting this week by neglecting You.  In Your Name"

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and candid. So completely true. Out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks. It is not what goes into a man that defiles him, but what comes out.

    ReplyDelete