Thursday, December 11, 2014

And then there were 3...

I always knew what "mom"/"mama"/"mommy" meant; but these words have taken on a whole new meaning now.  "Mama" is the one that loved, nurtured, took care of.  "Mommy" is the new one.  The one that she's not sure about, the one that kisses her and holds her and rocks her, but she doesn't know yet.  I never thought it would hurt so much to be called mommy.  I am not mama.  I am a stranger, and to her that is mommy.
On the other hand I am SO thankful!  Her first mother (whom doesn't have a name) left her at the doorstep of the orphanage with A LOT of information.  Her real name, birth information, medical information, everything she would need for a new mother to take perfect care of her.  To that precious woman I will forever be grateful! Her "mama" I will forever owe everything to!  She is the woman that loved my precious girl.  She taught her what it meant to give and receive love, to trust, to be taken care of, everything I could have only dreamed of for her to experience in the beginning of her life!
And then there's me, mommy.  Right now to her that means nothing.  I cannot wait to show her new meaning to that word.  The day she gets hurt or scared and comes crying to me calling "mommy" instead of coming to me crying and looking for "mama"... I just can't imagine the joy I will feel then.
For now, I'm just grateful that she likes me ok. She laughs with me and kisses me and is learning to trust me.  I'm grateful for the first 2 that loved her and cared for her until I could get to her!
Thank you mother and mama, you will always be a part of who she is, and because of that we will always love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment