Friday, August 29, 2014

Is it weird?

So, we are at a point now in our process where we can see an end.  It's so exciting, I just can't even put it into words!

This morning, however, it hit me that our family of 5 is about to drastically change.  Everything about it...  we are adding a toddler to the mix.  For those of you who have never had a toddler there really is no way to explain what that means to a family, that's pretty set in their ways.  I mean, it's been a long time since we've had a toddler!
I've just been thinking, I really want to treasure these last months as us 5.  I want to spend time with the kids we have home right now.  I don't want to miss anything because I'm certain that when we get home I will miss things.  Not only just from the shear exhaustion from transition, but because we will have a toddler!!!!
Don't get me wrong, I CAN NOT WAIT, but I don't want to miss the now because I'm preparing for the next.  The now is going to go very quickly, and the next is going to be a blur, and then all of the sudden we will be a family of 6 set in our ways and I really just don't want to miss the in-between!


So, is that weird?!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I have been thinking the same thing! Do treasure the time. The change is not bad; in fact it is wonderful! But it IS change! I want us to even go on one last special trip before we travel (if we can pull it off). So enjoy it all! I am also going to suggest two great reads: The Connected Child and Thriving as an Adoptive Family. Read the first one twice and halfway thru the last one. Love you guys! Still waiting for our LOA! SO happy you guys got yours. The wait is excruciating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! It's so weird, it just completely overwhelmed me the other day. We actually are going to Orlando for a long weekend in September. I was thinking I had more time to plan a bigger one, guess God has different plans!
      Thanks for the book suggestions. I will definitely get on those!
      Thank you guys for prayers! Praying for Gods perfect timing to your precious girl! Love you guys!

      Delete