Monday, August 11, 2014

NAMES!!!!!

So, notice the new blog name?!?!

Anyway, her name...
I posted a long time ago about the meaning of her name.  We had 3 "must haves"; has to start with a "J", has to mean something, and we will be using part of her Chinese name.  Believe it or not this was very hard.  There were not a lot of names that we liked that meant what we wanted it to mean.  We wanted her name to mean "gift from God", or something close.  So we decided we'd pick her middle name first.  We figured we could do like we did with Travis and call her by her middle name, while her first name continues with the "J" tradition.
So, I came up with a list of middle names I like and first names I liked.  I gave the list to John one night and told him to circle is top 3.  About 10 min later he handed the page back, at the top of the page was written
                                                           

Jadyn Grace

Personally this was the one I had chosen but didn't tell him that.  He picked my favorite!  Jadyn means: God has heard.  Perfect, I think!  And I just love the name Grace.
Our 3rd "must have" will be part of her Chinese name which we can not yet share.
We actually have grown to LOVE this name and will probably call her by it as a whole, we'll see what happens when she gets home.

So, that's her name...
More info coming as we are able to share.  Please know that we are still months away from the day we will hold our little one.  Please continue to pray with us that things will move as quickly as God would have so that we can hold our princess as soon as possible!
Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. So precious! Thank you for sharing. We continue to pray her home and pray for you all to have peace and rest in the wait. Love you, Mindy

    ReplyDelete