Friday, September 12, 2014

What the doctor said!

So, the doctor called Wednesday afternoon and his report was AMAZING!   After his review of everything he said to him everything looks great.  She was developmentally, and physically exactly where she should be as a two year old.
We had been told by our agency that we could send follow up questions from the dr if there was anything else needed.  The doctor suggested a few, just so we could try to get a better understanding of the seizures (or epilepsy).  Also, there was a small discrepancy in her measurement dates and could make a difference in some of the effects the seizures may be having, or have had, on her.  The other questions were mostly about medications and frequency and such.
We sent our questions to our agency, knowing we may get no answers and if we did get answers who knew how long it would be!  So, MORE waiting began.  On their end there was no big rush since she was still on the prerelease list.  However, for us, it was SERIOUSLY more WAITING!!!!!
Again, no sleeping for me.  My head was spinning.  I couldn't believe how things were going.  I was so anxious.
After 2 1/2 weeks I received a phone call on Friday, July 25, from our agency.  The girl on the other end, the same girl I had been in contact with already, proceeded to say, "I don't usually make these phone calls but felt like I needed to go over this update with you before I sent it to you." (Ok, what does that mean?!)  As the next words came out of her mouth I was in near shock!  It was documented that this precious treasure had had no seizures since she had been under the care of the orphanage.  Every answer was a "no" to every question that we sent.  No medicine, no seizures, no EEG, etc.  The words out of her mouth were, "it appears you hit the jackpot." No honey - BUT GOD!!!!  From what we have put together over all of the information we have, this baby girl was having seizures.  She was dropped off at the hospital and the doctors diagnosed her with seizures.  She was then placed into the orphanage with a "label" of epilepsy - and NEVER had another episode after that!!!  I mean, truly a miracle in our eyes.  This just doesn't happen.  From what we know and have heard, a lot of families find out at their medical review for their child's visa, or when they come home, that their babies are healthy, but never before they have even accepted a referral!!!!  Just more of God's miracles!
Before I hung up from that phone call I asked how long it might be before this treasure was released. She said it could be 1-2 months.  Ugh - if (when) we say yes, MORE WAITING!!!!!
After we hung up she sent me the actual file along with some new pics :).  I forwarded all the new information to the doctor, we had to have his final "approval", but it was after hours so I knew it would be the next week, I told them I needed to know by Wednesday.
John and I talked Tuesday night.  We knew that if we hadn't heard from the doctor by Wednesday we were going to have to make a decision without his final consensus. (We had already received a phone call from the agency wondering if we had made a decision yet).  By Wednesday afternoon, when we still had not heard from the doctor, we knew we'd have a big conversation that night.  At about 4:00 my phone rang, it was the doctor!  He was so excited.  In his opinion our conclusions were right, and there was nothing to be concerned with.  Even her new measurements were great!  We knew, as soon as the doctor hung up, that she was ours.  We agreed that I would send our LOI!

No comments:

Post a Comment