Sunday, September 28, 2014

An unexpected surprise!

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014, we received our email from our agency including more paperwork to fill out.  It included things such as a placement agreement, travel questionnaire, some releases, etc. It also included a page that basically lists all of the information we've received on our baby girl and we have to sign saying yes we actually got those things.  Well, on that list it said "5 video's".  I almost died!  We had not received any videos.  No way they have videos, I was VERY cautiously excited.  I emailed the girl, since I was officially signing it, to verify the information.  I told her we had not received any videos and there was some discrepancy about pictures as well.  I told her, obviously if there was more we would LOVE to have them!  As I said, I was very cautiously excited, cause no way, surely they accidentally got us mixed up with another child.
Well, they hadn't gotten it mixed up.  There was VIDEO!!!!!  On Thursday we got an email including 5 video's and about 30 pictures taken the day before her 2nd birthday (which was months before we even were matched).  I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!  I posted on FB that day about her grin and her giggle.  Oh my goodness, it was AMAZING to see her in action.  I just can't even put it into words.  Apparently one of our agency's social workers had gone over to meet lots of kids in a few different cities and had taken lots of video's and pictures and written small updates, so that when the children were placed they would be able to share them with their families.  This girl also wrote little updates about the children.
Ok, guys, like I said before, this was months before we were matched, before we got her file to review.  Remember the follow up questions we sent after the initial review of her file?  About the seizures - frequency, medicine, etc.  Well, this little update from the social worker, that we received weeks AFTER we even were matched, this little update from the social worker that our agency had months BEFORE we even were sent her file... it had ALL of those answers.  "This child has had no seizures... She does not take medication...".  OH MY GOODNESS!!!!  Answers that we waited weeks for, that we really hadn't even needed to ask because they already had these answers!!!  God works so mysteriously on our behalf.  I believe, without a doubt, that He worked these things out.  He wanted us to trust Him completely in the health of this child.  To fall in love with her and trust Him to take care of her.  I just don't even have words, again, to describe His grace and love for us!
So anyway, we filled out more paperwork and continued to wait for the all important LOA!


No comments:

Post a Comment