Friday, August 19, 2011

How it happened...

Well, today was meet the teacher day for Jordyn; yes, "the teacher"!!!  We were quite anxious when we pulled up to school.  As we walked to class we discussed that the year was going to be great, that God has a plan, that we prayed all summer for our second grade teacher and that God answered our prayers with "the teacher", that God would never put us somewhere where we would get hurt because He loves us so much. We walked into the room and "the teacher" was with another student so we stood back and waited.  As I watched I was feeling more and more relaxed.  Watching her with that child was like watching a grandmother with her grandchild.  It was so warm and gentle.  Next was our turn.  Jordyn walked up and introduced herself and they talked about all the fun things that they would be learning this year, and about basic classroom activities.  Again, my heart was softening (think God's trying to teach me something?)  After they talked she came over and her and I talked.  We discussed a couple of pertinent subjects and then we left.  I was much more confident in how the year would go.
Next we went to visit last years teacher (the one we were hoping for this year!).  We walked in and she ran over to us.  She gave us a big hug and nearly cried.  She told us how it happened.  That they made classes while she was on maternity leave (she had a baby right at the end of the year last year), and she came back to find that some students did not make her list that really should have.  She said she told them her feelings but that it was to late.  I became kind of emotional.  I knew at that moment that God totally has this under control. (Why is it that even after YEARS of Him showing me that, I still doubt.  When will I learn?!?!?!)  There are to many reasons why she should have been with last years teacher and still isn't.  As we walked out of the school Jordyn looked up at me and said, "She was really nice.  I'm excited about going back to school."
God is going to do great things this year, I can feel it in my bones; and the closer Monday gets, the more excited I get!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment