Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My mother would be so proud...

First a little back story.  One Thanksgiving when I was in high school it was my responsibility to mash the potatoes.  I don't remember exactly what happened, but the mixer had been turned off and I was moving the bowl from under, getting it ready for the table.  I dropped the whole bowl.  Ruined was one of the staples at our Thanksgiving dinner table.  I remember I was extremely upset, humiliated.  Since then, every Thanksgiving it is my job to do the potatoes (note, I've not dropped them since).  Well, tonight for dinner I decided to make, from scratch, mashed potatoes, all by myself.  First time ever on my own, not on any holiday.  They were delicious, and I didn't drop one bite!

I'm sure you're all so glad I shared, I was very proud of myself.  And my husband was pleasantly surprised too.  He was glad to have something yummy that he was able to eat (he had his wisdom teeth taken out almost 2 weeks ago and now has dry sockets, he's been STARVING!).

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet John! Sorry to hear that! Praying it's all over soon. Tom loves mashed potatoes and I can't get away with anything but fresh, real, homemade because he says the other ones taste like "boat food" and he shouldn't have to eat that ever again. hee hee

    ReplyDelete